Take a look at the list of recently recalled toys. Click on the name for a description of the toy and picture and for information about what to do if you have the toy.
Why is this happening? Our trade policies promote relocation to low wage countries of production of goods once made here. The same trade deals put limits on the safety standards we can require for imports and how much we can inspect imports. This is not just about China, but about our failed trade policies that prioritize the volume of trade over your children's safety or fair working conditions. Find out more here.
What do you think of the import safety crisis? What did you do when you found an unsafe toy? How has this changed how you shop? How are your children reacting to their toys being taken from them? What's your toy story? Post it in the comments!
For more recall information visit www.recalls.gov.
Here is the list:
- Fisher Price Bongo Band Toys
- Fisher Price Geo Trax Locomotive
- Mattel Barbie Dream Puppy House dog
- Mattel Barbie Dream Kitty Condo Playset cat
- Mattel Barbie Table and Chairs Kitchen Playset dog, chip platter, dinner plates
- Mattel Barbie Bathtub and Toilet Playset cat
- Mattel Barbie Futon and Table Living Room Playset cat
- Mattel Barbie Desk and Chair Bedroom Playset dog
- Mattel Barbie Couch & Table Living Room Playsey purse
- Imaginarium Wooden Coloring Cases
- Robbie Ducky Kids Watering Cans
- Thomas and Friends, Curious George and Other Spinning Tops and Tin Pails
- Divine Inspiration Children's Charm Bracelet
- Toby & Me Children's Jewelry and Gift Box
- Hampton Toy Train Set
- Mattel Doggie Day Care Toys
- Mattel Barbie and Tanner Magnetic Toys
- Mattel Sarge Toy Car
- Mattel Batman and OnePiece Action figures
- Fisher Price assorted Dora the Explorer and Sesame Street Toys