We've got statements from six members on video from yesterday's TRADE Act news conference. Here are the goods (all these links go to YouTube):
- Statement by Rep. Betty Sutton
- Statement by Rep. Tom Perriello (embedded above)
- Statement by Rep. Rosa DeLauro
- Statement by bill sponsor Rep. Mike Michaud
- Rep. Michaud answering a question about Obama's trade promises
- Rep. Perriello answering a question about Obama's trade promises
Also, check out this Reuters story on the Washington Post website, which says:
Trade deals with Panama, Colombia, and South Korea were negotiated by the Bush administration, but must be ratified by Congress before they can go into effect.
The House legislation "sets a clear standard for where House Democrats are on trade," said Bill Holland, a spokesman for Public Citizen, a consumer advocacy group that supports the bill.
"Those three (pending) agreements are built on the NAFTA model, and today's introduction of the Trade Act is a clear rejection of that model and a call for change," he said.